Once the weather gets warm, the full beauty of Vermeer’s really comes to life. Our outdoor plant selection will exceed your expectations. We’ve always aimed to inspire and bring colour to your life indoors and out, and our garden centre is just the place to experience this!
All trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, Veggies, Fruits, Herbs, vegetables, Vines, Roses, Grasses, bulbs, spring, summer, seeds, Soils, Mulches, Stone, Organic, Chemical TreatmentsAll trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials are subject to availability and prices may change, however, if you are looking for it, we will do our best to get it!
In Our Garden Centre You’ll find:
Vermeer’s has been known for quality annuals since 1961. We carry hundreds of varieties of beautiful lush plants perfect for your garden beds or planters, most grown right here in our greenhouses.
- Tried and true favourites like marigolds, petunias and impatiens
- New varieties of angelonia and calibrachoa
- A variety of different sized hanging baskets
- Ready made planters and container gardens
- Annuals for specific places in your garden like scorching sun, shade, or drought prone areas
Veggies, Fruits & Herbs
Growing your own vegetables and herbs is easy and satisfying, and we’re happy to help. Get on the grow-it-yourself wagon this season!
- Cold crop veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, leek and swiss chard
- Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, beans and many, many more warm season veggies
- Heirloom varieties of peppers & tomatoes
- Onion sets (bulbs) in many varieties
- Over 30 varieties of herbs as well as mixed herb planters
- Strawberry plants and strawberry hanging baskets
- Berry bushes, including varieties of currant, gooseberry, blueberry and raspberry and more
- New this year – fruit trees!
Perennials, Shrubs, Vines, Roses & Grasses
Great tools for building the backbone of your garden, perennials, shrubs, vines, roses & grasses are easy ways to create structure and life in your space.
- Hundreds of varieties of perennials from local growers
- Perennial classics like rudebeckia, echinacea, coreopsis and shasta daisy
- New or hard to find varieties of perennials
- Perennials for specific places like shade, pathways, and drought prone areas
- A huge selection of shrubs to provide seasonal or year round interest
- Broadleaf evergreen shrubs like azaleas & rhododendron that produce spring flowers
- Summer flowering shrubs like spirea, dogwood & weigela
- Many varieties of hydrangea, including the popular new “cityline” series and “endless summer”
- Roses in easy to grow and maintain varieties
- Roses in climbing, bush, David Austin, miniature and AARS winning varieties
- Flowering vines such as clematis, honeysuckle and wisteria that require a trellis or structural support
- Vines that do not require trellising, such as boston ivy, english ivy, trumpet vine and climbing hydrangea
- Early and long blooming varieties of clematis
- A wide variety of perennial grasses ranging in height from less than one foot to 12 feet tall in varying pot sizes
Add value to your home and help out the environment by planting a tree. Choosing the perfect tree for your location is easy with the help of our experts.
- Ornamental trees such as pom pom and spiral evergreen
- A large selection of standard trees that will grow only up to 8′ as well as towering specimens that can grow to 100′
- Trees with fast growth rates – up to 4′ per year
- Fruit trees such as apples, pears & cherries
- Tree planting services also available on Vermeer’s product (fee will apply)
Seeds and Bulbs
If you truly want to start from scratch, our selection will impress!
- Bulbs to plant in fall such as tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, allium, crocus & frittalaria
- Bulbs to plant in spring such as dahlias, gladiolus, & trilliums
- Forced bulbs (potted) for indoors in February, March & April
- A wide variety of vegetable, herb and flower seeds from the country’s top seed producers
- Morning glory seeds in brilliant varieties like picotee blue and crimson rambler
- Several varieties of grass seed to suit your location.
Soils, Mulches and Stone
If you are looking for a spectacular garden, then you need to start at the bottom. Improve the look and lower maintenance in your space with Vermeer’s quality soils, mulches, stones and gravel.
- Organic top soil, triple mix, peat moss, black earth and manures bagged for your outdoor garden
- Many varieties and bag sizes of potting soil for indoor plants or outdoor containers
- Drainage stone & screenings
- Natural and coloured mulches to keep the weeds out and lessen watering needs
- Decorative pea stone, white marble, and crushed brick
- Play and horticultural sands
- Time saver topdressing (spreads with your fertilizer spreader)
Organic & Chemical Treatments
With the impending pesticide ban in Ontario, we are aiming to help our customers with all information we have available. We’re searching far and wide to bring you the best & safest products available.
- Treatments for common indoor plant pests
- Organic lawn care treatments such as “Green Acres” and “Alfalfa Green” fertilizers and “Grassy Gold” corn gluten, as well as instructions on how to apply
- Nematodes for grub control
- Treatments for common outdoor problems
- Expert diagnosis from our qualified staff
- Soil testing kits